How do I register for an account to purchase the workshops?
To create an account, follow the process below.
Steps to register for an account:
1) In your chosen browser, navigate to the ClassrooMechanics Registration page.
2) Fill out the form by creating a username, providing your email address, setting a password, checking the “not a robot” box, and clicking the “Register” button.
3) Before you can login to your new account, you will need to confirm your email address. This prevents someone else from submitting your email without your permission. Open a new browser tab, sign-in to your email, and click on the link in the registration email from ClassrooMechanics. Your browser will be redirected to the login page once your email is confirmed.
My school wants to purchase workshops for multiple people. Is that possible and if so how?
We do not YET have the ability for a school to sign up and pay for multiple accounts at once. We are working on providing this ability. Currently, you need to use a unique email address for each person taking a workshop. In other words, the site requires that you have a separate email for each ClassrooMechanics account. To facilitate creating multiple accounts, please contact us directly by visiting our contacts page and send us a message about your interest. We can help you with the process of setting up and paying for multiple accounts and courses.
I can’t remember my username. What do I do?
There are a couple of ways to access your account. Alternatively, you can sign-in using the email you provided when you created the account. In addition, when you originally signed up, you were sent an email message that contains your username and other information about your account. Check your email account for this email. If you can’t find the email and can’t remember which email you used, send an email to support(at)classroomechanics(dot)com or visit our contact page and drop us an email. We strive to reply to emails within 1 business day if not sooner.
I forgot my password. How can I reset it?
There are two ways to do this. You can visit the login page and click the Lost Password link. You will be prompted for the email address you used to sign up for your account. Alternatively, when you originally signed up, you were sent an email message that contains a link to reset your password. Find that email in your account and click that link.
How do I purchase a workshop or workshops?
First, you will need to have an account. If you have not already signed up for one, see the FAQ section above on creating an account. Once you have an account, follow these instructions:
1) Login into your ClassrooMechanics account from the login page.
2) Once in your account, click the Workshops link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. You will be taken to the workshops listings page.
3) Click the image or “Take this workshop” button of the workshop you are interested in. You will be taken to that workshop’s description page.
4) Click the “Take this Course” button to be taken to the shopping cart page.
5) Click “Add to Cart” button. From here, you can select to continue shopping or proceed to checkout to pay for the course.
How do I pay for the course?
Course payment is made through PayPal, but you do not need to have a PayPal account. When you proceed to PayPal, you will be given the option of paying with an existing PayPal account if you have one OR using a credit or debit card instead. Follow these instructions to complete payment.
1) On the checkout page, fill in the requested Billing Information, enter any coupon code you may have and apply it, check the “Terms and Conditions” box, and click the “Proceed to PayPal” button. As mentioned above, you do NOT need a PayPal account to purchase the course.
2) On the PayPal page, you can sign into your PayPal account if you have one OR choose to “Pay with a debit or credit card” if you do not want to create a PayPal account.
3) Enter your credit card and billing information, and click the payment button.
4) Once your payment is complete, click on the text that says “Return to ClassrooMechanics.” You will be forwarded to an intermediate page that should automatically redirect you back to the ClassrooMechanics site to an order confirmation page. Be sure and download any documents associated with your workshop purchase(s). For information on accessing the downloads, see the Downloads FAQ.
How do you protect my credit card information?
ClassrooMechanics does not collect or store any of your credit card information. That is handled by PayPal and their security infrastructure. If you have concerns about this, please contact them directly, though rest assured that they are experts at handling online financial transactions.
I have purchased the course, now what?
First, make sure you are logged in to your classrooMehanics account. To begin taking a workshop, navigate to your profile page. Workshop Dashboard by clicking the link on the right-hand side of the page. This will take you to your Workshop account where you will now see a link to the workshops you purchased and their components. Please see the FAQ on technical requirements.
Where do I find the downloads for my course?
If you did not download the documents for your course when you purchased the workshop(s), you can find a link to them in the purchase confirmation email sent to your account after you paid for the course. This was sent to the email account you used to register on the ClassrooMechanics website to purchase the workshop(s). Alternatively, the first lesson of each workshop includes links to its corresponding documents as well. The workshop documents are PDF documents, which should be able to be opened by many common software packages. If you have trouble with this, download Adobe Acrobat Reader from Adobe’s web site, which is free software for viewing and printing PDF documents.
What technical requirements do your workshops have?
Our workshop content and materials are designed to be used by many devices and browsers. That said, if your software or device is particularly old, you may encounter difficulties. In addition, please note that the class requires that you use Adobe Flash Player. We recommend using the Google Chrome browser for the best experience, and it comes with a built-in version of the Flash Player. The Chrome Browser is a free download from Google’s web site. If you prefer to use a different browser, you can download and install the Flash Player for free from Adobe’s web site. The workshop materials are PDF documents, which should be able to be opened by many common software packages. If you have trouble with this, download Adobe Acrobat Reader from Adobe’s web site, which is free software for viewing and printing PDF documents.
Here is a general list of recommendations:
Other Help Needed
I have looked at the FAQ and still need help. How do I contact you?
If you have any difficulty, please email us:
support(at)classroomechanics(dot)com or visit our Contact Us page to fill out and submit the form.