The Montessori Assistant Toolkit is a targeted collection of seven of our workshops that gives a classroom assistant new to Montessori all the needed skills to support teachers and children in early childhood and early elementary Montessori classrooms (2.5-9 years old).
Each of the seven workshops consists of a series of lessons that cover key concepts necessary to understand and work in a Montessori Classroom. They utilize innovative features, multimedia content, summary assessments, and hands-on assignments in a workbook. Participants work through the lessons at their own pace; however, we suggest they complete them and the follow-up exercises over a period of seven weeks (one per week) to maximize their understanding. This pace is also easy to fit into any schedule as it is not a significant impact on a person’s time.
In addition to the 7 workshops designed for classroom assistants, we throw in a bonus workshop for teachers titled Supporting Classroom Assistants. It provides lead guides with tips and strategies for working more effectively with their classroom assistant. It is designed to provide the leader of a Montessori learning environment with the insights and skills needed to make the best use of their assistants and raise the performance of the whole classroom.
Though aimed at classroom assistants, this course is also ideal for any adult new to Montessori, including board members, volunteers, parents, and others needing an overview of a functioning of a Montessori classroom. For more detailed information on the contents of the course, sample content, and included bonus materials, please visit the Montessori Assistant Toolkit page.
Watch the video below to hear the Montessori Assistant Toolkit’s story.
- Principles of Optimal Learning Workshop
- Montessori Philosophy Workshop
- Human Development Theory Workshop
- Observation: The Keystone Skill Workshop
- Optimize Interactions with Children Workshop
- The Prepared Environment Workshop
- The Prepared Adult Workshop
Total Video Run Time: 8h 25m 22s
Bonus Workshop for the Lead Guide
- Supporting Classroom Assistants Workshop
Total Video Run Time: 58:34
Here are the items you will need to take the workshop:
- A Device (computer, tablet or smart phone) with up-to-date browser software
- An Internet connection that can support watching videos (for example YouTube)
- Speakers or headphones
- The ability to download & print a .pdf workbook
(A link is available in your purchase confirmation email or in the first lesson)
- Downloaded .pdf files of additional course worksheets (printed out is helpful but not essential)