The Building an Equitable Holiday Approach Workshop is designed to help administrators, teachers, and guides to create a plan for observing holidays in their classroom and/or school that both represents their community and appreciates the world’s many cultures. After completing the course, participants will be able to survey their community, develop a holiday observation plan, and help their students broaden their view of holiday celebrations.
Each lesson in the workshop consists of a topic and a hands-on assignment in the accompanying user manual. When working together as a group, the exercises make excellent conversation prompts to help you with your planning process. For more information on this workshop, including a list of modules, bonus materials, pricing, the site license option and more, visit the Building an Equitable Holiday Approach page.
Watch the informational overview video below to get a glimpse of the course content and see the list of topics covered below.
- Setting the Stage
- Starting From Where You Are
- Nurturing a Healthy Identity
- Acquiring a Culturally Responsive Lens
- Building a Community Agreement
- Making Meaningful Connections
Total Video Run Time: 1h 28m 40s
Here are the items you will need to take the workshop:
- A Device (computer, tablet or smart phone) with up-to-date browser software
- An Internet connection that can support watching videos (for example YouTube)
- Speakers or headphones
- The ability to download & print a .pdf workbook
(A link is available in your purchase confirmation email or in the first lesson)
- Downloaded .pdf files of additional course worksheets (printed out is helpful but not essential)
Holiday Approach Workshop Informational Overview