This workshop is designed to help administrators, teachers, and guides create a plan for observing holidays in their classroom and/or school that both represents their community and appreciates the world’s many cultures. After completing the course, participants will be able to survey their community, develop a holiday observation plan, and help their students broaden their view of holiday celebrations.
Each lesson in the workshop consists of a topic and a hands-on assignment in the accompanying user manual. Work through them at your own pace any time of the day or night. To maximize your learning, however, we suggest you spread out the lessons over the course of a week or more so that you can spend time reflecting on your new understanding from each topic . If you are considering getting a site license and working together as a group, the exercises make excellent conversation prompts to help you planning process.
For more information on this workshop, including a list of modules, bonus materials, pricing, the site license option and more, visit the Building an Equitable Holiday Approach page.
Watch the informational overview video below to get a glimpse of the course content and see the list of topics covered below.
- Setting the Stage
- Starting From Where You Are
- Nurturing a Healthy Identity
- Acquiring a Culturally Responsive Lens
- Building a Community Agreement
- Making Meaningful Connections
Total Video Run Time: 1h 28m 40s
Here are the items you will need to take the workshop:
- A Device (computer, tablet or smart phone) with up-to-date browser software
- An Internet connection that can support watching videos (for example YouTube)
- Speakers or headphones
- The ability to download & print a .pdf workbook
(A link is available in your purchase confirmation email or in the first lesson)
- Downloaded .pdf files of additional course worksheets (printed out is helpful but not essential)
Holiday Approach Workshop Informational Overview