This workshop instructs participants in child behavior and how to best help children learn to manage themselves through self regulation. It provides a number of tips and strategies for guiding children in positive ways that respect the child and help normalize the classroom environment. By gaining an understanding of positive approaches to child interactions, workshop participants will be able to effectively meet the challenges of the Montessori classroom.
Each lesson in the workshop consists of a topic and a hands-on assignment in the accompanying user manual. Work through them at your own pace any time of the day or night. To maximize your learning, however, we suggest you spread out the lessons over the course of a week or more so that you can spend time focusing on your new understanding from each topic in the classroom the next day. If you are considering getting a site license and working together as a group, the exercises make excellent conversation prompts to help you learn these valuable skills.
Watch the preview to get a glimpse of the course content and see the list of topics covered below.
- Blueprint for Learning
- Root Causes of Behavior
- The Role of the Adult
- Child Guidance
- Supporting Independence
- Dr. Montessori’s Decalogue
- Course Summary and Takeaway Skills
Total Video Run Time: 1h 59m 9s
Here are the items you will need to take the workshop:
- A Device (computer, tablet or smart phone) with up-to-date browser software
- An Internet connection that can support watching videos (for example YouTube)
- Speakers or headphones
- The ability to download & print a .pdf workbook
(A link is available in your purchase confirmation email or in the first lesson)
- Downloaded .pdf files of additional course worksheets (printed out is helpful but not essential)