This workshop covers the importance of the physical layout and emotional atmosphere of the classroom and best practices for arranging them for optimal learning. It examines the importance of the classroom environment to successful learning as explained by Dr. Montessori, including both physical, social, psychological and aesthetic elements. Covering topics such as the significance of arrangement, the emotional tone of the class, and aesthetic principles for order and beauty, it highlights the steps necessary to organize them to create an optimal learning environment. After completing the lessons, workshop participants will have a new found appreciation of the Montessori classroom and the attention to details that makes it work so well.
Each lesson in the workshop consists of a topic and a hands-on assignment in the accompanying user manual. Work through them at your own pace any time of the day or night. To maximize your learning, however, we suggest you spread out the lessons over the course of a week or more so that you can spend time focusing on your new understanding from each topic in the classroom the next day.
Watch the preview to get a glimpse of the course content and see the list of topics covered below.
- Blueprint for Learning
- Framing the Triad
- Physical Order
- Physical Beauty and Movement
- The Cognitive Environment
- Social, Emotional, and Spiritual Environment
- Course Summary and Takeaway Skills
Total Video Run Time: 1h 39m 33s
Here are the items you will need to take the workshop:
- A Device (computer, tablet or smart phone) with up-to-date browser software
- An Internet connection that can support watching videos (for example YouTube)
- Speakers or headphones
- The ability to download & print a .pdf workbook
(A link is available in your purchase confirmation email or in the first lesson)
- Downloaded .pdf files of additional course worksheets (printed out is helpful but not essential)